WAHKIAKUM COUNTY Sheriffs office
Wahkiakum County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES)
The Wahkiakum County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) is looking for Amateur Radio operators that are willing to use their skills to help during times of emergency or disaster.
I feel that amateur radio operators are an essential auxiliary communications service that can be used during emergencies. With that in mind, I would like to fortify and formalize our group through Wahkiakum County.
My Vision for this group:
- Group membership:
- We need volunteer representation from through the County. (YOU)
- Envisioned Group Activities:
- Meet on a regular basis (Determined by the group Monthly/Quarterly/Semiannual?)
- Participate in Emergency Operation Center(EOC) to EOC drills.
- Participate in Homeland Security Region IV drills and exercises.
- Design and participate in some sort of county wide net on a regular basis.
- Seek out community events where HAM can participate.
- Draft Mission Statement
- The mission of the Wahkiakum County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) is to serve the public by providing public service communications in times of need during natural or man-made disasters. We are licensed amateur radio volunteers who dedicate our time, equipment, knowledge, and training for the betterment of public safety and give aid to those in need.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact DEM Coordinator Beau Renfro at 360-795-3242 or 465-2202.
Beau Renfro, Coordinator
Wahkiakum County Sheriff's Office
Department of Emergency Management
PO Box 65, Cathlamet, WA 98612
Office Phone: (360) 795-3242
Office Phone: (360) 465-2202 (West end)
Cell: (360) 957-3724
Office Fax: (360) 795-3145
Sheriff: Mark C. Howie
Mail: PO Box 65, Street: 64 Main Street, Cathlamet,
Phone: 360.795.3242 Fax: 360.795.3145