Disclaimer: Wahkiakum County GIS Data
1. Limitations: Wahkiakum County makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the data’s content, accuracy, currency or completeness, or concerning the results to be obtained from queries or use of the data. ALL DATA IS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS”. Wahkiakum County makes no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and no representation as to the quality of the data. Users of data are responsible for ensuring the accuracy, currency and other qualities of all products (including maps, reports, displays and analysis) produced from or in connection with Wahkiakum County’s data. No employee or agent of Wahkiakum County is authorized to wave or modify this paragraph. If a user informs others that a product is based on Wahkiakum County’s data, Wahkiakum County specifically requests and directs that the user also disclose the limitations contained in this paragraph.
2. Data Interpretation: Wahkiakum County data is developed and maintained solely for the County’s business functions, and use or interpretation of data by the Requestor or others is solely their responsibility. At no time may the requestor leak or sell Wahkiakum County’s GIS Data information. Wahkiakum County’s Building and Planning Department will provide data interpretation services.
3. Spatial Accuracy: Map data can be plotted or represented at various scales other than the original source of the data. The Requestor is responsible for adhering to industry standard mapping practices which specify that data utilized in a map or analysis, separately or in combination with other data, will be produced at the largest scale common to all data sets.
4. No Wahkiakum County Liability: Wahkiakum County shall not be liable to the Requestor (or transferees or vendors of Requestor) for damages of any kind, including lost profits, lost savings or any other incidental of consequential damages relating to the providing of the data or the use of it. The Requestor shall have no remedy by law or equity against Wahkiakum County in the case the data provided is inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise defective in any way.
5. Requestor’s Warranty Against Commercial Use: Washington State law, RCW 42.56.070.(9) prohibits the release of lists of individuals requested for commercial purposes, and Requestor expressly represents that no such use of any such list will be made by Requestor or its transferee(s) or vendor (s). “Commercial Purposes” means contacting or in some way personally affecting the individuals identified on the list with the purpose of facilitating one’s commercial activities.
6. Secondary Data Dissemination: Requestors may not secondarily disseminate (give Wahkiakum County data to other entities) without prior written permission from Wahkiakum County.
7. Project Data from Requestors: Requestors are encouraged to supply their project data back to Wahkiakum County for use by Wahkiakum County. Wahkiakum County shall not be liable to the Requestor (or transferees or vendors of Requestor) for damages of any kind, including lost profits, lost savings or any other incidental or consequential damages relating to the provided data or the use of it. The Requestor shall have no remedy by law or equity against Wahkiakum County in case the data provided is inaccurate, incomplete, or otherwise defective in any way.