Wahkiakum County Board of Equalization
The Wahkiakum County Board of Equalization is a board comprised of five citizen members who are appointed for three-year terms by the Wahkiakum County Commissioners. The Board is established by the laws of Washington State and governed by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR), pursuant to RCW 84.08.020 and 84.08.060.
The Board is separate from and operates independently of the Wahkiakum County Assessor. It adjudicates appeals of assessed property valuations and other determinations of the Assessor, with a goal of providing an impartial and economical forum to hear and decide appeals brought by taxpayers.
Hearings of the Board are open to the public except for confidential proceedings involving proprietary business information.
Current members of the Board are:
- Pat Dennis
- Robert Rendler
- Justin Moriarty
- Theresa Eykel
- The Clerk of the Board, Laurie Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORMS and INFORMATION
Forms and information are available by contacting the Clerk of the Board at the above link or by clicking the following links:
Board of Equalization Schedule of 2022 Property Tax Appeals:
- February 17 at 10:00 a.m. 4226-211008440001
- February 17 at 1:00 p.m. 5500-310905110004
- February 23 at 10:00 a.m. 4178-210905220008
- February 23 at 11:55 a.m. Late requests for property appeals
- February 23 at 1:00 p.m. 4821-250806240010
- March 2 at 10:00 a.m. 5553-310905420002
- March 2 at 1:00 p.m.
- March 11 at 10:00 a.m. 2750-150806420001
- March 11 at 1:00 p.m. 4569-231008430002
- March 16 at 10:00 a.m. 3008-160908120005
- March 16 at 1:00 p.m. 3461-190805220006 & 190805220006
All appeals are open to the public. There is no public comment other than the property owners or their legal representative. Deliberations are closed to all public parties and County Assessors. The Board of Equalization members are the only ones in attendance for deliberations.
Meeting Location: River Street Meeting Room, 25 River Street, Cathlamet. Entrance in back of building. The River Street Meeting Room is barrier free and handicap accessible. Masks and social distancing is to be observed.
The purpose of the Board of Equalization meetings is to conduct any business that may come before the Board during the regular 28-day convened session.