The Wahkiakum County Clerk's Office is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept passport applications. Passport applications may be submitted Tuesday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We will attempt to process passport applications for everyone that comes into the office during the hours listed above, but the Clerk's statutory duties take precedence. Due to staffing demands and the increased volume of passport applicants we may not be able to process all applications even for those individuals that arrive during the posted hours. We highly recommend you call our office to schedule an appointment. Scheduled appointments will take priority over walk-in applicants.
To obtain a passport application, visit the Wahkiakum County Clerk's Office or you may download the forms from: Travel.State.Gov
APPLICATION PROCESSING TIMES
Please visit: travel.state.gov-processing times for the most current Processing times.
Processing times do not include mailing times. Mailing times vary across the country. Check your application status online at passportstatus.state.gov. It may take up to 2 weeks from the day you apply until your application is "In Process".
PASSPORT RENEWALS: If it has been less than 15 years since your previous passport was issued, you may be able to submit the application by mail using form DS-82. The form contains four questions on the first page to determine eligibility. You can renew U.S. Passports by mail: Renew my Passport
Video: How to Renew Your Passport: YouTube Video - Renew my Passport
Life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency) Passport Agencies are open by appointment only. Currently, we have life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency) appointments, click the link to learn more: Get my passport fast
- Completed Passport Application. (Must be printed single-sided only and the application must be mistake-free (nothing crossed out and corrected).
- Proof of Citizenship: certified birth certificate, previous passport, or Certificate of Naturalization. (Individuals born in Washington State after 1/1/1927, may order certified birth certificates from the local Health Department.)
- Current passport photo taken within 6 months of submitting the Passport Application (must have a neutral, white or off-white background and be 2" x 2")
- Valid photo identification (Driver’s License)
- Separate check or money order with each application to: U.S. Department of State
Fees: Must be in the form of a personal check or money order
Click the following link for fee information: Passport Fees
**For expedited service, please add $60 per application
*Cash or credit/debit payment is not acceptable, as payment is mailed.
- Separate payment of $35.00 by check, cash or money order to: Wahkiakum County
Clerk for processing fee.
- We can take your passport photo in our office for a $10.00 fee.
Children Under 16: How to Apply for your Child’s Passport?
All children under age 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using Form DS-11. You cannot renew your child's passport. Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years.
Link that list acceptable documents: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/under-16.html
PASSPORT PHOTOS TAKEN AT THE CLERK'S OFFICE
Applicants can now have their passport photos taken at the Clerk's Office. We take passport photos Tuesday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The fee is $10.00 per person. Please read the following requirements related to the passport photo process:
- Do not wear white or light colored clothing.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.
- Eyeglasses have to be removed for photo.
To check the status of a passport application, please visit the Passport Agency Web-Site.
If you are leaving within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to midnight, EST or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .